I covered the book with a single sheet (trimmed down to size) of blue and white paper. The paper kind of had a distressed look already. After I attached it I ink the edges in brown and heavly inked the binding of the book (forgot to take a picture of the binding). The front was stamped with a decorative edge for the top and bottom and lined. I cut the R from Happy Hauntings cartridge (I love that cartridge). I added a Tim Holtz Button to create a "knob" that the thread tie could wrap around to hold the book shut.
The inside covers were done the same way the outside was. Covered with blue and white paper then inked with brown. The back inside cover I stamped with my personalized stamp (from Paperangel.com)...I love it!
The back cover was kept simple to...didn't want to add to much bulk to the book because I wanted it to be able to fit in her purse and write on it with no issues.
Thank you for stopping by and I'm off to create the next thing to share with you.