Monday, November 11, 2013

October Birchbox Review

For those of you that do not know what birchbox is I will explain. It is a monthly subcription box that is mailed to you. It's filled with wonderful beauty samples. If you are anything like me this is a great introduction to new things. I'm not willing to go shell out very much for a product I know nothing about. This is a great way to try new things to find out if you think buying the full size is worth it or not. You can get a subcription for $10/month and if you sign up for an extended period (6 or 12 months subs) I believe you are offered a discount. If you'd like to try it please click here

The first product in my box was Avene Cleanance Gel Soapless Cleanser. Per the informational card that accomapnies the samples it is a pH-balanced wash that whisks away impurities with calming French spring water. I did like the "fresh" feel of my face after I used this product. I also liked the size of the sample. You only need a quarter sized amount so this sample should last for at least 7 uses. The full size product from Birchbox.com is $20 (the same price on amazon.com).

The next product is the DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer Moisturizing Serum. I haven't used this product because thankfully I don't have wrinkles yet. I may give this to my mother to see if she would like to try the product. Full size is $85 at birchbox.com (again, same price on amazon.com).

This was the birchbox find item. Chapsticks Hydrations Lock. This is an item that they "find" and believe it's awesome enough to share with all their subers. This is always in addition to the normal samples (never in place of). I LOVE this sample. I used chapstick A LOT. I'm outside in the wind and all sorts of conditions due to sports and this is one of my go to items to help soothe those dry lips. They also included a coupon for $1 off my next tube. Birchbox did not give a price but I found it on amazon for $1.49. If store prices are comparable I can get my next stick for just $.49....I love the sound of that deal.

I was happy to see this product in my box. I have naturally curly hair and I'm always looking for new things to help keep my hair in check. It tends to have a mind of it's own. Curly Hair Solutions is a good product and the price isn't that bad. At birchbox.com the price is $10 for the full size (more expensive on amazon.com).


Last product in my box was this lip product. It's from theBalm Cosmetics and it's called Stainiac. My color was called Beauty Queen. I did not like the feel of this product when I put it on my lips and the apperance on my lips was more like a "kool-aid" look rather than a lip tint. For myself this was not a good product but it might work differently for others. Full size on birchbox.com is $17 (amazon.com $12.50).

Overall I was not disappointed in the samples that I recieved in my October box. It introduced me to new hair, lip and facial products. These things are products that I never would have tried on my own. I also like that birchbox provides a sample that is large enough to really "test" the product.

I'm a little behind with my birchbox reviews so you'll be seeing another one in the next week or so on my November box that I recieved. Lets just say the "extra" was really tastey in Novembers box.

No comments:

Post a Comment